When someone decides to join the ranks of the entrepreneur, it can be very intimidating regardless of what type of business they are starting. Technology can help, but finding the right technology isn’t always as easy as acquiring a server. This month we thought we would outline three technologies that every new business should consider.
We wanted to qualify something before we start getting into the technology new businesses can use. Every business is going to need some type of computer, whether it be mobile devices, thin clients, or workstations to do their computing on. Additionally, they are going to need a high-speed Internet connection. We won’t really touch on these, but these technologies are more necessary than optional.
Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP)
Every single new company needs a telephone system. Instead of adding another vendor and getting an overpriced system through the phone company, consider a hosted VoIP platform. VoIP is an Internet-based phone system so wherever you have a computer, you have a phone. VoIP eliminates the need to do business with the phone system and provides these three great benefits:
- Easy setup – Since a hosted VoIP solution is billed monthly by the user and runs through the Internet, setting up new accounts or removing accounts is a breeze.
- Feature Rich Communication Tools – Not only do you get a reliable business phone solution, it also can provide you with video conferencing, instant messaging, and a whole host of other tools designed to help your business manage its communications.
- Integrated Mobile Solution – Every VoIP account can turn an individual’s smartphone into a work phone through the use of an app. This will help new businesses that don’t have a lot of capital, to gain mobility immediately for no extra charge.
With more and more people going digital, management software has become an essential tool regardless of what kind of business you run. Do you have employees? Do you have work for them to do? Do you have customers? Then getting some type of management software can be the tool that can make running your new business much easier. Management software can give you a centralized tool that can help you automate, track, and support every aspect of your business.
Management software like a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform can help you:
- Save time – Since scheduling, time management, ordering, and support is done through the same piece of software, you and your employees will save a substantial amount of time.
- Stay coordinated – Management software has an integrated calendar feature to help businesses track tasks, assign work schedules, and be more collaborative without having to rely on multiple pieces of software.
- Get results – Scheduling work, completing work, selling products and services, supporting those sales, and getting paid are all extremely important. A centralized management software can help your new business work effectively from the start.
Finally, one of the most transformational technologies for business is also one of the technologies that can help a new business get up to speed fast. Cloud computing isn’t filled with the hosted platforms from a decade ago. Today, any piece of business computing you may need can be found in the cloud nowadays, and today’s cloud platforms are much more secure and reliable than ever. Some of the benefits you can expect with cloud-based hosted solutions include:
- Anywhere-anytime access – Any cloud platform can be set up to be accessed from anywhere with the use of a high-speed internet connection. This can not only help improve mobility, but it can make it easier for your staff to access the applications and data they need when they need it.
- Fully-managed – The cost of managing, maintaining, and backing up the data is carried out by the service provider. This is a massive benefit as you get a secure computing environment, application, etc. without having to pay thousands of dollars a month to manage it.
- Many options – As we mentioned above, anything you can do on a computer you have in the room with you, you can purchase in the cloud. There are so many tools that can help new businesses succeed. You can get management systems, collaboration tools, productivity tools, physical and cybersecurity solutions, Point of Sale systems, even VoIP systems in the cloud; up and ready to go in a matter of minutes.
For the new business, finding the right technology can be a complete game changer. If you would like to discuss your business goals with one of our experts, we can help you find the technology and support structures you need to grow your business fast. Give us a call today at (505)242-5683 to learn more.