Cloud computing is as popular as ever with 80 percent of businesses now using some form of it. Today, you can get about any type of business computing in the cloud, but one of the most valuable solutions that most businesses can use is found in the communications sector. This month we’ll talk a little bit about how a hosted VoIP platform can be one of the most useful solutions for your business.
Solid Communication Forges Business Ahead
Today’s business is largely a collaborative one. In order to succeed your team will need to work together and be on the same page. One of the best ways to accomplish this is to by using a Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) solution. Many of today’s most dynamic VoIP solutions also feature powerful solutions for video conferencing, an option that is more useful now than ever.
Businesses today can have a much more coordinated communications effort, often branded as unified communications. This platform combines an organization’s telecommunications with its messaging and audio and video conferencing solutions to provide an end-to-end solution that promotes collaboration and productivity and features some of the following solutions:
- Disaster recovery
- Managed support
- Thorough analytics
- Management software integration
- Regulatory support
- Global service delivery
What makes up Unified Communications?
Let’s take a look at some of the solutions that make up a Unified Communications platform
- Telephone – As we said before a VoIP solution is the base of most of the UC strategy. The feature-rich business telephone platform provides both in-office and mobile options so that anywhere you have a working Internet connection, your team will have access to their business phone.
- Text Messaging – In unifying your business’ communications, you also integrate alternative ways of communicating. Instant messaging and text messaging are both useful in their own right and with a UC platform, any information you receive will be available through a centralized hub, typically your business email.
- Email – Speaking of email, it is one of today’s most important business tools, and your VoIP solution and messaging platforms will have integrations that will allow you one central place to view all your contacts and messages.
- Video Conferencing – As was mentioned above, the video conference is the new conference room. With reliable connectivity, a video conference can be the best collaboration tool of them all.
- File Sharing – One of the best features of a UC platform is the ability to send and receive files, fostering collaboration and helping teams be efficient and productive.
Many UC platforms integrate right into your business’ management platform as well, making it even easier to communicate with your team, vendors, and customers, speeding up business, and keeping everyone connected. If you would like to learn more about unifying your communications solutions, call the IT professionals at PHONENUMBER.