The cloud is a great tool to improve the accessibility of applications and data, but with so many options available to businesses, it can be a bit intimidating to get started with it. Let’s go over some of the various types of cloud solutions available, as well as some of the more well-known services that you might find helpful.
Keep in mind while you are reading this that all businesses will have different cloud needs, and as such, no two solutions will work in exactly the same way. We encourage you to reach out to us before making a decision as to what cloud solution you implement, as you will want to make sure that the solution you implement benefits your business as best it can.
The Public vs Private vs Hybrid Dilemma
Many businesses are unsure what type of cloud solution is best for their particular needs. To simplify things a bit, we have outlined some of the most common types of cloud environments. Use the information below to make the most informed decision possible:
- Public: The public cloud involves your organization storing data in its own dedicated part of a public cloud infrastructure. Basically, think of it like renting space online to host whatever you need to be hosted. Many businesses prefer the public cloud because of its ease of implementation, but it is not as flexible or customizable as other solutions out there, as you have limited control over the infrastructure itself.
- Private: A private cloud is a private place for you to store your data on-premises. Think of it as buying out a whole building to do whatever you would like with. Many businesses prefer the private cloud because they can make any changes they want to their infrastructure, including (most importantly) security.
- Hybrid: A hybrid cloud solution is kind of like a mixture of public and private clouds. Similar to the public cloud, you are not responsible for hosting the hybrid cloud solution, but you have just as much control over it as you would if you had a private cloud solution. It’s a great middle-ground for any business looking to implement cloud solutions.
Examples of Cloud Solutions
To give you an idea of what is out there for cloud solutions, here are some of the more popular cloud hosting providers that you might be familiar with:
- Google Workspace
- Microsoft OneDrive/Microsoft 365
- Amazon Web Services/Amazon Drive
- And many more
While the above are some of the more popular choices for cloud storage and application deployment, we want to urge anyone looking to take advantage of the cloud to do their research and make informed decisions by working with a managed service provider like S3 Technologies, Inc.. We can help you sift through the options available to you and implement a system that is perfect for your needs.
S3 Technologies, Inc. can help your organization make the best decision possible for its cloud-based needs. To learn more about how we can help your organization, reach out to us at (505) 242-5683.