If you take a look at any computer in an office environment, there is a solid chance that it is running the Windows operating system. Whenever we have the opportunity, we like to share tips and tricks to help both normal and power users alike get the most out of their operating system. Follow these tips and you’ll be able to make navigating your computer just a little bit easier.
Highlight Your Folders
More often than not, most people won’t need to access more than a handful of files or folders at any given time. If you’re annoyed enough by accessing these files, you can add direct links to important files right in the taskbar. Here is how you can do it:
- Right-click any unused space in the taskbar. This will open a menu of options.
- Hover over the Toolbars and select New toolbar.
- Find the folder that you want, select it, and click Select Folder.
The folder you’ve selected should now appear in your Taskbar, along with any files it holds, readily accessible for you.
Quickly Access Websites
Some organizations depend on the Internet in order to maintain operations. The quick-access URL field can give you the ability to access websites. Here’s how you can set it up to do so.
- Access your Taskbar options by right-clicking in any unused space.
- Hover over Toolbars and select Address.
A URL field will appear in the Taskbar. If you type a URL into it and press Enter, you can open that website in your default browser.
Like these tips? Get even more by subscribing to our blog.